Casa Batlló joins the “Commitment for Sustainability” program of Biosphere Tourism
We build up new Responsible Tourism and Sustainability Policies and launch an Improvement Action Plan in these areas
Casa Batlló, aware of the impact that tourism has on local communities and the environment, aligned with the objectives of the ST + 20 World Summit on Sustainable Tourism and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, is committed to respect and promote three main axes in our day-to-day activity.
1. Contribute to the development of a touristic visit that encourages the respectful use of cultural heritage.
2. Being sustainable across all areas:
– Reducing waste through prevention, reduction, recycling and reuse.
– Promoting the use of efficient resources and energy saving.
– Cooperating with socially responsible suppliers that foster the local economy and minimize its environmental impact.
3. Transmit to the visitor respect for the local economy and society through:
– Recommendations of other touristic points of Barcelona to decentralize the agglomerations.
– Recommendations of restaurants that emphasize the local Mediterranean cuisine.
– Encourage physical activity and the use of public transport.
As we apply these initiatives we will communicate them in our usual channels in order to inform and raise awareness in our communities.